Monday, February 16, 2009


I should be posting/blogging about lives of anyone, as I said in my profile, but for now, let me just use the time to give you a little more background about the place where I live in. I will start on featuring people's live in two weeks time. As for now please enjoy the scenes and the pictures about Bogo City. 





















This pictures here I entitled "Balsa" is a floating material which fishermen in Bogo City use to place some things like food or tools for fishing. The term Balsa is a widely known term of a floating material in the Visayas region to either transport people or things by sea or river. I showed this picture to some of my friends here in Bogo City. They said they didn't notice that there's such thing at the wharf. After I explained to them what this thing really is, they couldn't believe it, because when they see this floating they only see a dirty small floating thing.  Taken with the sunrise and relaxed seas of Bogo City. 





This is an early morning scene in the "Plaza" (Park).  Bogo City has been a hall of fame for winning 4 time as the Cleanest and the Greenest Town in the Philippines. The round circle in the middle was actually a "skating rink". I learned skating there when I was like 7 years old. Now, it's been used as a common ground for school activities or local activities. This one is just a part of the whole park. The park isn't that big, but it's good enough to have you relaxed if you need some fresh air. 




Here is another part of the Park which I like the most. I watch a lot of Romantic Movies and some other movies. This picture above looks like a scene in some movies where lovers get to walk and talk(lol).  Well, anyway, I walk here like almost every morning when there's no basketball game. Whenever I get myself to walk here I get to feel the cool wind and the warmth of the sun. I call this picture "Nature's Corridor". 



I'm not so sure, but I think this road "St. Vincent's Road" (San Vicente st.) is the oldest street in Bogo City. This is a long straight that leads to St. Vincent Church and the other way leads to the wharf. If you take a closer look it shows the church tower in the far end. I can still remember how young I was when I used to walk here with my Grandfather. Oh my God! I just realized I missed my Grandpa so much now. Whew! 




This is how we cook our "Chorizo".  Even though Bogo City has been modernized. I still notice dirty kitchens in every house around. Ask any old people that lives in Bogo City; The best rice is when it's cooked from a firewood.  This dirty kitchen here is located at the far end inside the house. This is where my Grandma, THE BEST COOK, used to cook. I learned how to cook and prepare food in Bogo City, back when it was still a town. 



Here's another pic of our Dirty Kitchen at home in Bogo City. "kalan"  I don't have the enlgish definition of this but it's where we put our cooking stuff like this kettle on top to cook or boil water.  

You see, these things have been around me for quite some time, but never have I thought that these simple things are actually an amazing picture to capture. In this fast paced life we should take some time to stop and take a closer look at things. You'll see that these beauty is one of the blessings that we already have in hand. 

There's more pictures coming. I'll be posting about people's lives starting the week right after next. Keep posted and Thank you for dropping by. 

2 comments:

  1. nax!photo journalist ka ba?hehehe..nice post.love it.love those pics especially the pathway with the trees on the sides.it's so peaceful to stare at...ahihi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks gracie.. ^^ I appreciate it. :) hmmm. photography is my life long hobby...

    ReplyDelete